It is interesting to know that the technology for hard drive repairs has progressed this far, that what used to be an everyday challenge like crashed or clicking hard drives, formatted hard drives, virus infected hard drives, is something of the past. Today it is possible to even repair hard drives that have been damaged by fire and even hard drives that have been damaged because of a power surge caused by lightning. Whereas before technology had progressed this far, a person would have been informed that there was nothing that could be done to save the information or to repair the hard drive especially in a case of a power search caused by lightning.
Now the question remains, how effective are these repairs, and is it actually possible? The answer is yes, there are certain cases that a hard drive repair is not possible and that you might have to face the fact that the information is lost if you did not back it up, and that you will have to replace the hard drive.
Even so, would you not rather take that 90% chance of having the hard drive repaired and the information restored and deals with the maybe 10% of it not working?
There are two approaches to hard drive repair if you are facing a damaged or a faulty hard drive. On, you can do the repair job on your own by using the available steps and resources that you can find online. You need to be careful though when it comes to hard drive repair since you are adventurous repair steps may cost you more problems instead of solutions. Two, you can depend on the services of the professionals that offer hard drive repair services.
The services of the professionals are usually tapped by those computer owners who failed to back up their files. Just remember that these services come at a price, with some providers charging as much as $400 for data recovery alongside hard drive repair services. The recovery of the lost files from the drive will actually depend on how the hard drive has failed. If the mechanics of the hard drive are still A-okay, then this means that a simple replacement of the electronic board will do the trick. If they have noted that the read and write head of the hard drive can still spin and works well, there is a big chance that the data can be uncovered. The simple approach to hard drive repair is to simply get a new read and write head.
Oh, the headache of a hard drive crash! All sorts of treasured data accumulated throughout the years are in the brink of disappearing into thin air. You might have forgotten the hard fact that no hard drive in the world is destined to last forever and yes, you also have forgotten to do the customary back up of your files. Fortunately, Mac hard drive recovery is possible.
Are you aware that some Mac hard drives (newer versions) have S.M.A.R.T. or the Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology that can report problems before a failure occurs? It is located at the bottom of the Disk Utility Window. The Verified status means there are no problems with your hard drive but when the status shows that it is failing, back up your data at once and get a new hard drive. Another proactive stance to protecting your files from a hard drive crash is to boot your Mac in safe mode. This mode allows some versions of Mac to automatically check and repair disk. You might find your computer is fully restored after using the safe boot mode and restarting your computer.
There are options for Mac hard drive recovery and one of them is to download the Mac data recovery software from reputable sites. Other options are using the Disk Utility and booting in Target Disk mode using another computer and making the nonworking Mac as an external hard drive. If all else fails, bring your Mac to Read more »